Tuesday, February 15, 2011

East End Gallery HUnt, High Tea

The East End Gallery Hunt was a tiring experience. For some reason i expected the galleries to be almost next door to each other, lining the streets. Yet that was not the case and sadly a lot of the galleries were closed. But Mary, Lee, Emily, and myself trucked on and went into any random gallery we walked past. I found it interesting how some of the galleries blended in, you would not even know that art was on the inside of an industrial looking building or a building that looked like a simple apartment. Viewing these spaces reminded me of how difficult it is as a new artists trying to get your work shown and even just appreciated by the public. I was observant of the 'workers' in each location, how they mindlessly sat behind a computer, seemingly unaware of my presence. At this point my body and mind was tired and i needed a visual rest.

Before heading to high tea, a few of us stopped at a street market just to wonder and shop. I was overwhelmed with the size. I easily could compare this location to a cleaner, busier Canal Street. In other words, i loved it and could spend forever and then some there.

High tea was bitter sweet. It was a fun experience but a sad ending to the trip. I thought it would be cute to have the tea in a small cafe or something like that but due to our group size i do not think that would have been possible. Although i love tea, i would have preferred flake bars to the finger sandwiches, but thats just my tastebuds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment