Monday, January 10, 2011

Brigitte Jurack

I found Brigitte Jurack to be very interesting, both as an artist and a person. My favorite aspects of her work were her Still Waters Run Deep pieces. I thought it to be interesting how she transformed a natural disaster into a piece of art. I am glad that she spoke about this piece and how she linked together science, (ultimately the community are affected) and the arts (or else I would have no clue what the underlying image was). I should have asked her to explain more about how the piece was created. My second favorite piece was the Junge Mit Jacke (young man with jacket). I was attracted to the lonliness of the boy being that there was no way possible he could be reached by the public.

Being that she was speaking about her own work, the conversation was intriguing as she explain some of her work and the process behind it (both thought and process wise). I was confused by her work with Foreign Investiment. I understood her personal involvement and how the piece affected those who participated but I am not sure how it may or did affect the observing community. I also loved her accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment